Keeping ahead of the competition, v7.0 is the second firmware upgrade released in 2012. But, don’t be surprised if HIMS releases a third firmware upgrade for Braille Sense and Voice Sense models in 2012. Consumers keep offering suggestions and our technical staff has even more new ideas.
The FREE firmware upgrade policy is a key reason why consumers keep buying, schools keep purchasing for their students and rehab counselors keep buying for their clients! Not only does HIMS offer user progressive upgrades, but they save them money!!
Upgrade links and instructions will be available on the Resource Center section of the HIMS website in the next few days. If you are in need of assistance upgrading to v7.0, please feel free to contact Jenny via email firstname.lastname@example.org or Michael via email Michael@hims-inc.com or by phone (512) 837-2000.
This release features two new and exciting applications:
- Google Maps
- Direct Bookshare Search and download application
Additional features include:
- Support for IMAP email and an EML viewer in the File Manager, allowing direct viewing of email messages from the File Manager
- Password Protected Files, the ability to create password protected files
- View formatting of Word documents in the Word Processor
- Read/Write support for French, Italian and German languages ,as well as support for the Italian and French bilingual dictionaries
- Supports Nemeth Braille entry in to the calculator and the ability to perform fractional arithmetic.
***V7.0 fixes several issues with email and web browsing, as well as various other minor fixes and additions.***