ATR is offering a free educational webinar to describe the uses of the BrailleSense Polaris and NEW Polaris Mini from HIMS for students and teachers and those looking for assistance with personal tasks. Earle Harrison, Regional Sales Manager for HIMS will be conducting this webinar.
The 60 minute Zoom Demonstration will be available on the following dates and times:
Monday August 20th 2:00 P.M.
Monday August 27th 8:30 A.M.
Registration is required by Wednesday August 15th. To sign up for one of the webinars, please click here. You will be sent a response email with instructions on how to participate in the Zoom video conference.
For individuals with a visual impairment, BrailleSense Polaris and Polaris Mini from HIMS offer a new standard in blind-friendly applications with the latest in cutting edge technology including:
- Robust productivity tools, whether you’re in the classroom, at your desk, or on the road
- Organization and schedule management tools
- Information and communication in the office, at home, or on-the-go; including special features for Deaf-Blind populations
- Built in GPS
Advanced features specifically designed for students and teachers include:
- Sophisticated Calculation and Composition offers fraction calculation, Nemath and UEB Braille code entry into a fully functional scientific calculator. Teachers and students can share assignments and homework without their teacher needing to learn strange abbreviations and code words
- Use the Sense Dictionary to ensure stylistic and accurate composition. Includes Dictionary, Thesaurus, and optional English/Spanish, English/French, and English/Italian bilingual dictionaries
- Play and navigate DAISY and NIMAS compatible digital talking books
- Listen to and record FM radio
- Search for and play videos on YouTube, or stream audio content
- Certified to use all Google services, including the play store. Thus, users can choose from among the thousands of accessible Android apps and access them via Polaris’s intuitive screen reader.
As an added feature, Earle will also provide information on the Taptilo 2.0 – Now with WiFi connection and upgraded software! Taptilo is an all-in-one braille education solution that includes a combination of a hardware device with the latest braille cell technology and an innovative application and software with improved user interface. With its interactive software and personalization features, as well as a growing library of available content for wireless download, Taptilo makes braille education efficient, effective, and of course, fun!
Registration is required by Wednesday August 15th. To sign up for one of the webinars, please click here.
About Earle Harrison: With almost 30 years of experience in the assistive technology industry, Earle Harrison’s best known accomplishments date back to the early days of the JAWS screen reader, when in 1997 he became known as the “Voice of JAWS” because his was the voice the user would hear upon closing the CD ROM drawer while installing JAWS; the first screen reader capable of being installed independently without sighted intervention.
Since then Harrison has held other positions with Freedom Scientific such as tutorial developer, distance learning project manager and regional sales manager.
From 2002-2005 Harrison worked for the state of Minnesota as an assistive technology specialist and recently joined HIMS, Inc as a Regional Manager after 13 years of running his own assistive technology company called Triumph Technology.